Finally, its here. I tried the latest version of Inturdnet Expl... I mean, Internet Explorer. Looks okay. The biggest change, in my opinion, is the user interface. It didn't load broken pages like the beta (yet...). And security wise, it is a big step forward from the previous versions, I think. The much talked about ActiveX handling by IE has changed dramatically. Still, I wouldn't say it cannot be exploited with scriptlets. IE 7 still doesn't have perfect standards support, but it is much better than previous versions of the browser.

I'm glad it supports CSS and JavaScript better than the previous versions. That means I probably won't be getting pissed off (often, atleast) when my Blogger template looks fucked up in IE. It has got a RSS feed discovery, quick zoom, custom search settings for integrated search bar... almost every feature its competitor browsers already have. This should have lessened the gap between IE and its competitors, but it still has a long way to go to catch up, one feels. I even heard IE is taking the Firefox path, supporting add-ons made by third party developers (ieaddons.com). Hmm, this is going to be interesting.


Technorati tags: , , , , , , ,